Thursday, April 3, 2008

You Tube experience

Maybe it was the rain, snow, sleet and hail that occurred today at my home but I was in the mood for a beach video. So I found one on Hawaii at a beach that my family was on last summer. It was amazing to see how clear the video was and also how quickly I was able to recognize points of interest. I have not windsurfed myself but this video sorely tempted me.

In terms of use in the library I could see a video of using the self check out machine. Using the catalog to search for a particular item. Seniors might find these useful if we had machines that were set up with short youtube videos of interest say before/after training classes or on weekends.

1 comment:

Terzah said...

All great ideas. I've also seen libraries use YouTube to post creative book review videos.