Saturday, April 5, 2008

Google Docs

This was the most simple thing I've done so far. I can see patrons using this extensively for themselves and study or reading groups using it at the library. It would be so easy to collaborate with someone far away on a presentation or spreadsheet that was going to a supervisor in yet a different location. I guess I see more work related uses.

If Heather assigned me a topic to train others on I could see the use of the presentation option and then collaborate with my coworkers to make sure I've included every point on the subject. It would be especially useful among circ staff since we are hardly ever together.

1 comment:

Terzah said...

Good thoughts as usual. The way we used this with patrons in the past (when we didn't have Word on most computers) was to show it to them when the dedicated Word terminals were in use. Many just wanted to type something and print. A few homeless patrons really like it. It requires no saving to easily losable things like discs or thumb drives.