Monday, April 7, 2008

Librarything

What a wonderful way to keep track of books read and catalog them at the same time. This is one I will share with my girls. Especially over the summer when they read quite a bit and later need a book on historical fiction they can go back and see what they've read in that genre. I will use it to share with others who share the love of some of my favorites and perhaps get new suggestions from their lists. It was simple to set up and easy to add tags after the books were added. I added tags the first time but couldn't quite see the save tags button then later realized there was a button there. It was simple to go back and add tags to my first several additions. Can't wait to get back to librarything and add more.

For patrons it will be a way to keep track of what they've read without the fear of the patriot act. Well maybe not without fear. I suppose anything you keep records on can be accessed at some point. But it will put readers in touch with others and allow them to virtually at least learn more about other books of a similar subject. May be more user friendly than going through the databases to get that information.

No comments: